Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April Showers bring...SNOW!!

It started snowing last night and continued all throughout today. It's April and was 70 degrees before it started snowing! I HATE the snow and all day was thinking to myself, "Why did we move back?!"  Gratefully my kids LOVE the snow. They were out yesterday until I made them come in(All without proper snow attire). Today they played for 2 1/2 hours, luckily Missy hooked us up with some snow clothes. 
Day 1 of the snow storm. 


Day 2

Goose didn't want to put snow gloves on and we were short on boots for all of my kids. He only made it about a half hour before he was ready to come in. It did't help that the snow was super wet. 

Trying to catch snowflakes. 


Then Landon yelled, "Come eat it" Yep they all picked it up right where they were standing-genius. I think my favorite line on the night was when I asked Landon if he hit his friend in the face with a snowball and he said "I found it on the ground" sometimes he isn't that bright, mostly when he is in trouble. 


Trying to knock all the snow off the wall by throwing snowballs at it. 


Leah was working on a snowman, but after rolling it all over the yard it was only the size of a soccer ball. So, she attempted to throw in at the wall too. It only made it over the boys heads!


This is attempt number 2 to make a snowman. 


Lulu woke up from her nap and finally let me put her boots on. (She has freaked out everytime before) She wasn't real sure of the white stuff still, but she was the only one of my kids that had the proper snow boot to be playing outside! 


Nothing beats a cup of hot chocolate on a cold snowy day! One of my favorite things to have when it is cold!


Day 3
The snow stayed for one more day, so we played some more!
It was mostly puddle stomping for these two. They were soaking wet and loving this puddle. 



They would have to bend down every so often to touch the FREEZING cold water and then would go right back to stomping! 



They were in the process of building an igloo that quickly turned into a wall for snowball fights! 


My favorite was them picking up the snow to eat it for "fuel" 


Breaking up the big snowball to build up the wall a little better. 


Landon is really good at dishing it out and Uncle Jer gave it right back. 


The melt down!! I couldn't wait for this puddle in the back to dry up. Beck and Lacey were magnets for it and it was still cold outside. Didn't stop them from stomping through it. 


What is it with kids and puddles/water!? 





No comments: