Sunday, September 9, 2012

San Diego Triathlon Classic.

I did a triathlon this last weekend and since it was in San Diego we decided to make a weekend out of it. We started out by going to Jeremy's favorite place to eat, Chick-fil-A. Can never go wrong here!
Then we headed over to the zoo. There was nobody there and we saw the turtles which happen to be my favorite. WE have almost made it through the whole zoo now:) Leah talking to the snake.
Not a big fan of being strapped into the stroller.
The two headed snake.
They loved the petting zoo!
When we checked into the hotel they had over booked so we got a King suite. It had a kitchen and two bedrooms! That meant the kids got a room with dad and I got my own room so they didn't have to wake up at 4 A.M. with me. Another bonus to the already great weekend. Also, the triathlon was right outside our hotel-another bonus!
A little nervous for my first open water swim.
Jer was so supportive and wanted to be there when i started so he dragged the kids out of bed at 6:30 to see my wave start. I feel bad he kept apologizing because it was hard to keep track of 1,2, and 3 and find me in a sea of 1100 people. I appreciate his efforts though:)
The lilos finding seashells waiting for me to finish the swim
It was warmer than we expected. Goose got a little warm in his fleece PJ's. Say hello to "Teets Magee."
Jer waited for me to exit the water and when it had been a little too long he went to my stuff...He found no bike.
He got the kids breakfast and got back hoping to see me transition from the bike to the run... he found the bike but no running shoes.
He did find me at the finish. The lilos ran across with me! It was so much fun to have them there.
The cutest support team EVER!
I just want to thank this man for being so supportive of me. He is so good to let me get my workouts in and take care of the kiddos. I would not be able to do this without him. Thank you love!
I didn't expect much from this triathlon. I just really enjoy them and wanted to do one before the season was over . I am very competitive though, so of course I wanted to do well...but who doesn't want to win! I didn't get the time in swimming and biking like I wanted to and there was over 1100 people signed up for this triathlon (Olympic and sprint) so I didn't expect to win anything. We didn't stay for the awards because first, I didn't think I would win anything, and second it was nap time. We went back to the room and put the kids down. I snuck back over just to see the results and that's when I found out I had won. I was shocked when I found my name at the top of the list for the sprint. Yes, I took first in the Athena category and placed 3rd in my age group. I was very pleasantly surprised and excited!
When the kids woke up we had lunch and took advantage of the hotel pool before checking out.
We also stopped by a park to enjoy the nice weather just a little longer before heading home. It was a Wonderful weekend!!!!

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Way to go speedy lady :)

The Haynes Herd said...

Are you kidding me??? That is so awesome!! Way to go. You just might have inspired me to get back on the treadmill.

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Umm....helloooo! you look like a freaking ROCK STAR! Way to go on the Tri! I want to do one BAD this summer, but it will have to wait until next. Maybe we can do one together?! I would L-O-V-E that! :) Miss you so much!