Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day weekend 2017!

We stuck around for the long weekend and did some adventures near by. Government Island is only 10 minutes from us and it is somewhere the kids could spend all day exploring. They caught all sorts of frogs, bugs, and sticks:) 



The island is where they carved out stone and sent it up river for building of the capital and other structures. 




It was a great weekend spent with my favorite people! 



We swam a lot over the weekend and the kids had their swim test to make the swim team!!





They all passed and are now part of the hurricanes! 




Logan had been struggling all weekend to even make it halfway across the pool. The requirement to be on the swim team is to swim the length of the pool with no assistance and you can't touch the bottom or side. Jer and I had prepped him and ourselves that he would have to join the team later in the year, once he could pass the test. Landon and Leah did their test first and passed with flying colors. Jer was in the pool for moral support when Logan got in for his lap. He started swimming and it was the best I had ever seen him do, he made it all the way and looked strong doing it! We were so excited that he passed and made it to the end. Jer asked him after how come he did so awesome and he said "it's because I said a prayer"! I of course started to cry and was so proud of my little guy and humbled. My kids amaze me everyday with their faith and knowledge of our heavenly Fathers love for them. I'm grateful for the experiences that not only build their testimonies, but also mine! 

No comments: