Saturday, September 10, 2016

Revel Big Cottonwood.

Last race of the season. I was hoping to do better then the handcart day half because this on was all downhill. I ran it with my good friend Linda and her cousin Emily. It was super cold when we got off the buses at our start point up big cottonwood canyon. Linda and I ran together till I needed a bathroom break at mile 8! My legs were pretty tight and I feel like it took the first 6 miles to warm up! Not the best I've felt on a race but it was decent especially since we were keeping a 9 min. pace. The last three miles flattened out a bit and were ROUGH!! I had to make another stop at miles 12 but it was just what I needed to finish strong. I ended up with a 2:07 finish which I was super excited about. That was 17 minutes faster then my last half. 

Mile 11 before the true pain set in. 


I was hurting but done it this picture! 


We all made it!! 

Jer wasn't going to come to ht finish line because it was early and we were taking care of tiny. I had him set up with notifications so when i passed check point he would get a text update with my time. He was approaching the race finish line in the car when he got the text that I was crossed the finish line. I give him and A for effort and Im always grateful to have him and the kids there for support! Until next year and I'll have to forget how bad my legs hurt at the end:) 



No comments: