Friday, August 15, 2014

Utah!

Jer had a 35 day detail back east. Instead of spending the time in the hot ugly valley I chose to spend it in Utah. It was so nice having family around and having stuff to do, but was extremely hard having Jer gone and not being at my house. I was grateful for my sister who let me stay with her! It will be really nice when we live a little closer! 

Jer was in hog heaven shooting and being around guns all day. It was also a good break from his work in the valley!




We took Family Pictures on both sides while we were in Utah. 





Playing some night game with the cousins.


FHE lesson from Aunt Brecken. 


Jenny doing what she does best!




The invasion of Melissa's bed. 



So jealous and grateful to be so close to the temple. I loved taking the kids to walk the grounds. 



We bought an Ipad so we could facetime. I think it helped with the seperation. These are just a few treasure from our chats! We'll see how long it takes Jer to notice...if he ever does!


Reading with Brecken. 


Lot of time hanging out with these yay-hoots. 


I loved staying with Melissa. I can't wait till we live closer together to get together all the time, but not be on top of each other:) 



These two were like a married couple. 


Loved having family around. 


Brecken's Birthday Lunch.. 


Grandma was good to take the kids for sleepovers. 


Melissa and I were training for the St. George Marathon. She kicked my butt time and time again. It was fun to be out on runs and get the twin double take as we passed by!


This was after 17+ miles. SHe is a freaking Machine. We never got a picture in our orange together.  I will miss running with her, but wont miss feeling pathetic! 


We were able to get together with some girlfriends on a couple different occasions. These girls are the best and I am so grateful to have them in my life. I hope that my kids can having the same lasting friendships like I have with these girls. Again we all need to live closer so we can get together more often.  



Late night Swig run!


We got a lot of time with Aunt Channy. The kids loved when she would come up!



Got up to visit Grandpa Thomas. The kids know him as the Grandpa that does the funny ear thing. 




No comments: