Thursday, September 15, 2011

Logan Adam Nielsen!

He is finally here, Logan Adam Nielsen! Born September 26th. 9 pounds even 21 inches long.
I know this post is late, but life has been super crazy to say the least. I was due the 20th so Jer came up from California the Saturday before I was due. I wanted to have a v-bac(vaginal birth after a c-section). So we chose to stay in Utah because to hospitals in Imperial wouldn't allow a v-bac and to be close to family. In order to have a v-bac I needed to go into labor on my own, but that never happened. I was almost a week over due and we were already short on time. My doctor scheduled me to be induced on Monday September 26 and luckily I started having contraction on Sunday night. My mom took me to the hospital so Jer could be with the kids to give them some normalcy with all the was about to change in their lives. When we got to the hospital I was already at a 1 and 80% which is more then I did with the lilos. They started the patocin and my doctor tried to break my water but it was just a trickle of water the came out. They say it happens sometimes when the baby's head is right there. They also gave me the wonderful epidural. Jer brought the kids down to see me in the hospital for a minute and then my family was nice enough to take them for the rest of the day till the baby was born. My doctor told me that he hoped to have the baby by 7 o'clock that night. I proved him wrong, for once, and had the baby by 3. I thought that I would be pushing for an hour or two, but after 5 pushes my nurse called to doctor and the nurse said he would be 15 minutes, she said we don't have 15 minutes. I had to hold off on the next two contraction and my doctor walked in pretty much catch the baby. The little stinker pooped in the womb and was green like a leprechaun when he came out. The nurses called him shrek because everything was green and gross!.They say he probably had been sitting in the poop for a while. They had to suction him out and give him a little oxygen to make sure his lungs were good, but he is a healthy happy baby. We call him "goose" now because when he cries he honks like a goose:) I was very blessed to be able to have a successful v-bac. It has made a world of difference in my recovery. And I needed a quick recovery because we headed to California a week after he was born.

Me and my cute mom!

The lilos watching TV having snacks at the hospital.


Baby Logan's arrival into the world!





His first and much needed bath!







Baby mama

7 comments:

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH! I have been waiting and waiting to see pics of this cutest little dude ever! CONGRATS! You look SO great, and I am so glad that you were able to have a v-bac. I bet that has helped alot. Happy Birthday by the way! Sorry I didn't text or call- but I guess it's a good thing I didn't! You were a little busy. :) I sure do miss you. I love you to pieces!

Alisa said...

Congratulations on the adorable baby!! Happy Birthday too!!

Jas and Kim said...

I too have been waiting to see Logan! He is adorable and so lucky to have 2 siblings that love him so much! Hope everyone is doing well!

The Clawson's said...

Yay congrats! we miss you all. Brody still asks for landon. Logan is beautiful & hooray for v-bacs! Its good to see how you all are doing!

The Nortons said...

Congratulations! He is adorable! I am so glad to hear that your V-BAC went well. I am hoping for a good, successful outcome to my attempt in January.

a-anderson said...

He is so precious. I am glad that everything worked out well and hope you are adjusting to Cali and 3 kiddos.

Blake said...

Oh, I'm crying I'm so happy for you all. Little Goose/Logan is so precious and I just wish the best, best, best for you, Jeremy, and the three Lilos. Miss you and love you and really appreciate all the birth details. You give me hope and inspiration Alisha Nielsen! XOXO