Saturday, September 3, 2011

August in a Nutshell!

Jer was able to come up for week. We spent the week spending time as a family swimming, roasting mallows, playing at the park, and just catching up on some much needed daddy time! It has been a long summer without him and I was spoiled while he was here. I am so grateful for this man and the more time that I spend away form him the more I realized how blessed I am to be married to him.








My kids have been able to spend a lot of time with their aunts this summer. I am so appreciative to the time and patience my sister's have had with me and my kids. My stay here has been a little longer then expected and being homeless, husband less, and 8 months pregnant can sometimes take it's toll on me. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me out this summer.





We had a couple of funerals this August. Jer's sweet Grandma Nielsen passed away and the following week my Grandpa Conk passed. We know that they are in a better place but it's still hard to loose loved one. Unfortunately I did not bring my camera to Jer's grandma's funeral.
All my sibling were together for the first time in years.

The 21 gun salute and my grandpa's funeral.

My cute Grandma can't see a dang thing. She got down on the ground with my kids to teach them how to do a backwards somersault. I hope to be like this lady when I am 80 years old!


Leah got her first hair cut and her first pedicure. She is getting too big!


Grandpa starting reading the Lilos their bedtime stories every night!

This is usually where I would find my kids in the morning, with Grandma!

My mom had a late night with all the Grand kids. They played a bunch of games, had smores, and spent the night out on the deck. Thanks mom!



2 comments:

Blake said...

Alisha!!! Oh my goodness - I totally missed the fact that you left Sierra Vista. I really do keep up with your blog, but I just thought you were spending the summer in Utah and I've been rereading all the older posts and saw the "househunting" hint in one when your mom came to visit and saw where the movers actually came. Where is Jeremy working?! Are you due this month?! Oh, Alisha, I think of you practically every single day and love you so much. Send me a quick update when you get a minute. Showering you with virtual kisses.

Unknown said...

I keep checking for the arrival of the new one! Can't wait to see him, hope all is going well!