Saturday, May 4, 2019

15 Years!

We finally got around to celebrating our 15 year anniversary. Jer happen to be at a training on the actual date. We did sealing and went out for sushi. Nothing fancy just some great time together!  I love this man more then ever! we have been through our ups and downs and it's only made us stronger together. We have built a beautiful life together that we love! he is always busy fixing stuff which I love, he still takes two or three times to park the car, he is an incredible dad and gets our kids and parents them better then I ever will, has so much patience for me and my shortcomings, is an incredibly hard worker and will do anything to make the best for our family, is freaking hilarious and super whity, his laugh is the best ever!!! and he continues to make me laugh, I love that he laughs at my jokes and comments, even though there not that funny, doesn't care what other people think, and I couldn't imagine my life without him. Love you Nielsen Baby!!! 


So to start, let me apologize that this message is coming in an email. I know it's not ideal to have a "happy anniversary" email. LAME!! I should be there with you in person to share and express my love and appreciation for you. Given my hectic schedule with this new tech assignment and firearms extras, I'll try my best to make your day from 2000 miles away. 

First, you need to know how much I love and appreciate you in my life. You truly are wonderful. I'm so lucky to have you in my life. You took a big risk 16 years ago when you agreed to a blind date at the recommendation of Jeremy Terry. Your first impression may not have been the fairy tale "love at first sight" as you gazed upon a tall, guant, four-eyed quiet kid. You endured the date and ultimately agreed to a few more. I'm glad you did. I liked you from day one. You thought you were loud, but I found you funny and confident. I admired your accomplishments and selfless service. I still love those qualities about you. You make me laugh and continue to serve those around you. I couldn't ask for a better eternal companion.

You were patient in our dating and allowed me to grow at my pace. I eventually wrapped my head around being married and taking the big leap. It has been so worth it. You have helped me grow so much. I was not sure about raising a family, but you helped me see the joy in parenthood. You taught me how to love kids and embrace the wonderful world of babies. You often harp on yourself for failing as a mom, but you couldn't be more wrong. You mentor and guide them in truth, responsibility, and righteousness. They love you so much and so do I. 

For 15 years you have been selfless and allowed me to chase my idealistic dream job of saving the world from evil. I have taken you away from loved ones and friends. I made you live in El Centro! I owe you big. You were alone...a lot as I attend training for ERT, SWAT, Firearms, and Tech. You have always just figured it out and overcome the hardships you faced. You found friendships in Arizona, California, and Virginia. No matter the time or place, you have found a way to make it good. Thank you for being there for me and with me along this amazing adventure called life. I feel our experiences, though not easy, have allowed us to rely on each other a lot, and openly communicate. For that I will always be grateful. I would not change the difficult path we have taken. 

Thank you for voicing your frustrations to me, to help me understand your needs and expectations. I apologize I am often slow to change or sometimes distant. You are the love of my life and I need you to know that I love you more today than ever. The longer we're together, the better it gets. You are more beautiful each day.Thank you for growing with me instead of apart from me. You make me better. I am lucky to have you in my life. 

Happy 15 year anniversary. I can only imagine what the next 15 will hold. Whatever comes, lets face it and embrace it together. I look forward to continuing my journey with you. I would never survive it alone. 

With all my love,
Nielsen baby

No comments: