Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Hummingbird Triathlon!!

I did it!! I have been training for a triathlon for the last couple of months and today was D day. My goal was to finish in 2 hours and ended up doing it in 1:32:01. Not too bad for my first Sprint triathlon (1/2 mile swim, 13 mile bike, 3.1 mile run). I ended up taking third in my age group which was just icing on the cake. It was a lot of fun and we had a great turn out from several people in our ward. I signed up for another one next weekend. We'll see how that one goes....stay tuned.

All the ladies from the 5th ward that participated in the Triathlon!

Jill my Training partner.

Me in Action!


Taking Third!

The Bug enjoying Third also:)

My adorable Supporters-Thanks guys!

The future Triathletes :)

3 comments:

Jas and Kim said...

WAHOO! Way to go! You are a machine and congrats on that great time! Keep it up, there's nothing stopping you now!

Blake said...

OH MY! I'm so impressed! Congratulations Alisha! You look AMAZING. Like a fitness goddess. I miss you so much. Big hugs to you and the lilos!

Alisa said...

Way to go on your first tri you are one speedy lady!!